Romney Posts 2011 Tax Returns and Other Tax Info Online
Mitt Romney’s campaign posted the Romney family’s 2011 tax returns as well as a summary of their taxes from 1990-2009 online Friday afternoon.
The Romney campaign pre-announced the 2011 returns in a blog post earlier Friday, which gave snippets of information about Romney’s finances for that year:
- In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.
- The family’s effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.
- The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.
- The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.
- The Romneys’ charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year.
- The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the governor’s statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.
SEE ALL: Mashable